- Version 0.2.6 (11-15-2002)
- Export body, profile, plan, and wire frame to Rhino
- Removed the frames per second indicator because
it just caused clutter.
- Version 0.2.5 (08-25-2002)
- Support for critical points
- DXF and PartMaker exports now support sounding tubes
and critical points.
- Option added for subtle adjustments of tank colors
based on contents specific gravity
- New keyboard shortcuts:
- Tab cycles through active views
- Enter on view acts like double click. View is
maximized or restored.
- BUG FIXES
- Lighting of surfaces is done for both sides. This
corrects display for "thin" objects and
- Fixed mouse tracking coordinates
- File export command not allowed when no file is
- Version 0.2.4 (08-03-2002)
- Support for sounding tubes
- Highlighted station and point are shown in all views.
- Volume and center calculations for all parts and
- Separated part name from description. Tree now shows
description for each part if one is available.
- Improved Zoom: Added a zoom selected feature to
zoom to the selected part. Also added an "auto-zoom"
function which enables a view to automatically zoom
on selected objects or maintain a zoom extents on
- BUG FIXES
- Units displayed will change if model contains unit
- Highlight border is no longer copied to clipboard
- Made slight improvements to transparent effect
- Version 0.2.3 (07-01-2002)
- Keyboard function mapping (similar to SE/DISPLAY
by Creative Systems, Inc.)
- Page up, page down, and space bar map to selecting
next / previous parts
- Arrow keys work on part tree even when you are
working in a viewport
- Drastically improved fogging for body and 3D wire
view. Selected parts / components are visually easier
- Improved transparent effect.
- BUG FIXES
- Fixed display of selected part so all components
are shown in profile / plan views
- Previous station was just going to the next station
- Reads geometry files with blank lines
- Version 0.2.2 (06-27-2002)
- Mouse button command mapping
- Left Mouse button - performs action based on
current command. Command can be set by using the
toolbar or menu.
- Right and middle mouse buttons - user defined
actions as set in options. These actions are saved
and restored for each session of using Deadweight.
- Selection - Clicking the mouse on a drawn part while
in selection mode will highlight that part in all
viewports and the part tree
- Zoom - Clicking and dragging the mouse while in
zoom mode will zoom in/out on the current viewport.
Up/right zooms in while down/left zooms out.
- DXF Export - Save body, plan, profile, 3D wire frame,
and 3D solid views to AutoCAD DXF file format.
- Clipboard Support - Copy the active viewport to
the clipboard and paste as a bitmap in another program
(word processor, spreadsheet, paint program...)
- Tree of vessel items now goes down to component
- Information box added to display information on
currently selected part or component
- Minor clean up to 3D display
- Version 0.2.1 (06-12-2002)
- Packaged application into installer program. Install
performs the following operations:
- Copies application to specified folder
- Creates start menu and desktop shortcuts
- Sets shell extensions for geometry file format
- Copies required DLLs to local computer
- Coordinate Display - coordinates can now be displayed
as X,Y,Z or longitudinal, transverse, vertical positions.
Units are added for displaying in decimal feet, feet
and inches, and metric.
- Persistent Settings - user options (materials, colors,
coordinate display...) are saved and restored for
the next session with Deadweight.
- BUG FIXES
- Fixed bug which incorrectly displays components
with vectors. Also fixes Rhino export for components
- Fixed bug which doesn't refresh view state upon
changing light bulb in tree.
- Next/previous buttons are disabled when no part
- Fixed bug that mangles views when switching from
3D to 2D in a viewport
- File open defaults to filter for GHS geometry files
- When a model is loaded, tree is expanded to first level
- Removed vertices status. This was a debugging tool for
me to measure performance. It showed how many vertices
I was processing for rendering, NOT the number of vertices
in the model.
- Removed reset button. This proved to be both confusing
- Removed camera options and camera view. This needs some
serious work and will be reintroduced in a later version.
All it does now is confuse the user.
- Version 0.2.0 (05-20-2002)
- Released for small initial beta group testing
- Version 0.1.0 (03-19-2002)
- Initial version presented as part of UW class project